Feature-rich and versatile: create tailored installation packages
Package up any document or program files, construct sophisticated Setup routines and installers for your Microsoft Windows™ software programs, generate updates and patches, share and install databases, wrap your multimedia presentations or even several Windows Installer MSI and MSP setup files into single .exe files ready for delivery over the Internet, construct any installer package for the web: everything is allowed with Paquet Builder!
- Paquet Builder uses 7-Zip compression to create most compact packages available with high speed: LZMA2, BCJ2 filter, PPMD... and multi-core file compression.
- Save bandwidth and disk space when delivering files over the Internet.
- You can also convert your existing 7z archives to Self-Extracting 7z files (SFX).
- Create standard or Windows wizard-styled self-extracting archives and change any detail of your package's design: user interface, custom dialogs, splash screens, .exe icon and version information, file copyright...
- Show your own company information and advertisement.
- Packages work on any recent Windows versions: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and corresponding Server editions.
- Add custom actions and configure them visually to do what you want: prompt users; detect system configuration; create shortcuts; read/write Windows registry keys, XML files (nodes and attributes) and .ini files; modify file properties; work with variables; use If/Then/Else conditionals; execute programs, open files and much more.
- Include uninstallers to remove changes performed by installer packages.
- Organize files into components, set destination paths, ask end users for components to install, add conditions to file extraction.
- Increase the security of your files thanks to password protections, data integrity (CRC32) and size checks
- Digitally sign your packages (Authenticode signing) to ensure authenticity and be compatible with Windows UAC.
- Secure your package contents with AES and filename encryption.
- Protect your installer packages against truncated or corrupted downloads.
- Make multi-language installers for international distribution.
- Full Unicode support.
- Several languages are already available and localization of your installer into other languages is easy.
- Customize any text displayed by your installers.
- No scripting is required, everything is done visually; the interface is logically organized.
- Automate Paquet Builder: the console command-line compiler lets you build installers and SFX archives silently (command-line builds, directives, batch).
- Build 32-bit and 64-bit (x64) installers that can install 64-bit applications or access 64-bit Windows registry.
Build Self-Extracting archives and installers easily
All of these features remain optional, i.e. you do not need to configure them in order to build your SFX, setup packages and installers. Creating a simple software installation package actually takes less than one minute: start a new project, add files and press Build, that's all. Your installer is made and ready to be shipped to customers! Then you can always modify other options later.
What is a Self-Extracting distribution?
A Self-Extracting distribution or installer is a single stand-alone executable program (package) that contains compressed files and allows them to be extracted without requiring any other utility: its overhead contains the code required to unpack these files. You just need to run it in order to get your files again.